Our story begins in April of 1966. At a time when the population of Southaven was less than 600; the first services of Cornerstone Church (then called First Assembly of God) were held. Property was purchased on Cresthill Drive and the fledgling congregation called Marvin B. Carlton as it's first elected pastor. The church was instrumental during the 1970's in planting a number of other churches in Desoto County. In the late 1980's land was purchased at 5998 ElmoreRoad and the church relocated to new facilities in 1989. In March of 1998, Greg Davis was called by Cornerstone to assume leadership of the church. Steady growth and expansion since that time have necessitated numerous facility additions and upgrades. More importantly, Cornerstone has become a leading church in the area of missions giving and missions projects that significantly impact the less fortunate. In 2015, Cornerstone Church successfully planted it's first multi-site expansion with a new church plant in Tupelo, MS. Cornerstone's attendance has grown over 600% since 1997; and currently reaches 1200 people per weekend. We believe that Cornerstone has been positioned by God to make a significantly positive impact in our region, and beyond, as we continue to reach out with the message of God's love.
Cornerstone Church is a member of the Assemblies of God. For more information on our denomination and beliefs go to www.ag.org.