Our Core Values
The culture and ministry of Cornerstone Church is centered around Christ.
We depend on the empowerment of the Holy Spirit for life and ministry.
The Bible is the infallible, inspired and authoritative guide for faith and life.
Great Commission Driven
Christ commanded us to take the message of salvation to the entire world.
We are compelled to demonstrate love for God and for people.
Next Generation Focused
We strategically instruct and train the next generation for a life of faith in Christ.
Scripture teaches us that excellence glorifies God and inspires people.
We strive to communicate biblical truth in a simple and understandable way.
In all that we do, we strive to be in proper alignment with God and His principles.
Our Statement Of Faith
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. In essential beliefs, we have UNITY. “There is one Body and one Spirit...there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all…” Ephesians 4:4-6
2. In non-essential beliefs, we have LIBERTY. “Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters...Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls...So then each of us will give an account of himself to God...So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22
3. In all our beliefs, we show CHARITY. “...If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains - but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” 1 Corinthians 13:2 (Ph)
FOUR ESSENTIAL TRUTHS
1. The Bible is the Word of God. “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.” 2 Timothy 3:16 NLT “We also thank God continually because, when you received the Word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it, not as the word of men, but actually as it is, the Word of God, which is at work in you who believe.” 1 Thessalonians 2:13 God’s Word is the only completely reliable and truthful authority and we accept the Bible as our manual for living. Our first question when faced with a decision is, “What does the Bible say?” We practice daily Bible reading and Bible study. The Bible is the basis for all we believe.
2. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 “For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says, ‘The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.’ There is salvation in no one else! There is no other name in all of heaven for people to call on to save them.” Acts 4:11-12 NLT Jesus Christ, second Person of the Trinity, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute. This accomplished salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone. He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between God and us. He baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit and will return to earth to consummate history.
3. You must be born again . “When anyone becomes a Christian he becomes a new person inside. The old passes away, a new life has begun.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 LB Jesus: “If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.” Matthew 16:25 NLT God created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God’s saving grace to end our alienation from Him. Salvation comes only through God’s grace - not human effort - and must be received personally by repentance and faith. At the end, everyone will experience bodily resurrection and the judgment. Only believers will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.
4. Believers can be spirit filled and spirit led. “...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you...” Acts 1:8 “...be filled with the Holy Spirit” Ephesians 5:18 “If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:13 We believe the only way possible to live the Christian life is by God’s power within us. Every believer can be filled with the Holy Spirit by simply asking. We seek to practice a daily dependence on God’s Spirit to enable us to do what is right.